Welcome to our website !

Mail-order Smorrebrod

By 11.32 , , , , , , ,

Believe it or not, this was inspired by the mail!
One day not too long ago, I returned home from work and discovered that I had received a postcard from Denmark. The postcard depicted a stylized, graphic-designy piece of delicious-looking smørrebrød. It got me thinking how amazing it would be to actually be able to order and receive real smørrebrød in the mail - how, if it were true, I'd never have to cook again. 

My smørrebrød postcard in the mail!
Anyway, the postcard made me hungry, so I decided that I'd rip off the idea and copy, to the best of my ability, the shrimp and egg smørrebrød that was depicted on the postcard. So I went ahead and assembled the necessary ingredients (see below) and began building the Danish sandwich.

The ingredients for shrimp and egg smørrebrød

It was at this point, as I laid the ingredients out in a regimented fashion, that I was struck by the similarity between building a sandwich and building another one of my favourite Danish things  - Lego! And then it hit me, smørrebrød instructions should look like Lego instructions. 

So, without further ado, here are the instructions for making my "mail-order" smørrebrød.


Anyway, I hope you will be able to build your very own shrimp and egg Danish open faced sandwich using the above depicted steps. In case you were wondering, the version that I was eating a mere 30 minutes before writing up this blog post looked exactly like this:



I hope you enjoy this delectable Danish classic. And remember, always enjoy smørrebrød with knife and fork...and wash it down with a cold lager! SkÃ¥l!

You Might Also Like

0 komentar